I get these little tips for clients whenever I’m going about my daily business, so I wanted to stop and share a list of them here. I plan on updating this list as new ideas occur to me. Updated 10/6.
- Feeling blue? Take a 30 minute walk in your park or neighborhood. The fresh oxygen to your brain and lungs helps to balance out the blahs, getting you back to normal sooner. Fast walk for a light cardio boost. (thanks to Jenna S. for asking)
- The 3 most powerful words in weight loss: “I can wait.” Delayed gratification when faced with powerful food cravings keeps a great week from being ruined by one indulgent day.
- Water takes care of more than just a dry mouth. Feeling hungry two hours after lunch? Drink water. A little sore after yesterday’s workout? Drink water. Feeling overheated? Drink water. For best results, start your day with a bottled water, then drink another one every 3-4 hours.
- Like a crush, food cravings tend to feel intense but brief. Distract yourself for 20-30 minutes to give the craving enough time to pass. If the need is still intense after 30 minutes, schedule your indulgence for a later date. Eat on your terms, not your craving’s.
- Weight loss and lifestyle shifts are tough enough; you don’t have to do it alone. An accountability partner can help keep you on track as you make new habits. Can’t afford to pay someone for the service? Find a friend around you who’s working on the same goal and partner up.
- Weight loss goal feeling too big? Break it down into bite-size segments. Write out 90-day goals, then break them into 7-day micro goal chunks. Lose those pounds like you’d eat an elephant: one bite at a time.
For more tips on transforming your body one “baby step” at a time, be sure to Follow me on Facebook or Twitter, check out my blog archive, or send me a message.
What would you add to this list? Comment below.