Harsh language ahead.
I talk a lot about changing your life. I get that. People tell me that it’s hard, and I get that, too. I’ve spent 5+ years in the health field in one way or another. The excuses I see are all the same (I’ve given a lot of these myself, too):
- I can’t start because no one told me what to do.
- I need an accountability partner.
- It’s too much trouble to make changes to my life.
- I’ll never stick with this plan.
- I can’t do that (eat new foods, get regular exercise, learn a new skill, etc.).
- I like the opposite too much.
Cut the shit.
Kick Your Own Ass
I why people say this. Like I said, I’ve been that same person and still am, at times. It’s easier to wait. It’s easy to say, “Well, the right person just won’t step up and tell me what to do. I’ll just keeping sitting here and waiting until they do.” Meanwhile, the situation doesn’t improve at all.
Why not try a different approach? Instead of waiting for someone else to come along and push you around, just do it your damn self. Quit making the excuses about how you can’t go it alone and just start. Stop whining about how it’s hard to hold yourself accountable and just fucking do it.
Sure, the road is long. It’s bumpy, too. No one’s going to drive you forward until you start first. Stop wasting your time waiting for the starting gun to go off and just pull the trigger your damn self.